Counter

Friday, November 30, 2007

Sleeping

When we moved here in early 2005 Logan was still sleeping in a crib. We bought him a race car bed and put it in his room for him so he could get out of the crib. It never worked out for him. He likes to rock or bounce himself most nights so he took over our couch. We ended up moving the couch into the playroom so he could get comfortable and sleep without us waking him. For the past couple of weeks he's decided he wants to snuggle with Mommy and Daddy in the wee hours of the morning.

He had been coming in around 4:00 or 5:00 so that wasn't a big deal. A couple of times it was earlier so I'd grab him up and go lay down on the couch with him until he (or I) fell asleep. I decided that it was time to try again with the toddler bed. For the past two days I have been cleaning out and setting up the boys room. We had made it into a storage room since he wouldn't use it and Ryan is still in with us. We put a television in there as Logan likes to watch a movie while slowing down and going to sleep each night. The room was ready by the time they got home from school yesterday and the look on his face was so worth all the work and sore muscles. He was grinning from ear to ear and jumping up and down. I let him play in there for a little while then made everyone go play out in the playroom until it was time to settle for the night.

I put his movie on for him, got him to climb into his bed with his favorite blankeys and his favorite stuffed animal. He fell asleep pretty quickly with minimal fuss. I was so thrilled and so tired from all the work that we went to bed around 10:00. At 11:00 the door to my bedroom flies open and in comes my little dynamo. He jumped into bed with us so I grabbed him up and head out to the couch. I had planned on laying down on the floor next to his bed if this happened but I was just too tired and sore to do it. We lay down on the couch and he was out within an hour. I was able to sneak back to bed and sleep for about 4 more hours before he came back into the bedroom. We got back up and followed the same routine again. I was able to get another 25 to 30 minutes after he fell asleep again.

I'm happy with his falling asleep with very little fuss but now need to work on keeping him in there for longer periods and making myself take him back into that room when he does get back up. Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments: