Counter

Friday, November 16, 2007

GF/CF Diet

With four children it's hard to keep Logan out of the food he can't have. He's the only one on the GF/CF diet at this point. Once we get Ryan out of the stage he is in now with his foods, he may end up on the diet too. I have to keep the others away from Logan or he will snatch at their food. He's pretty fast for a five year old.

Most of the time I have Katie over on the kitchen side blocked by a baby gate so she can eat her meals. I hate to do that because she ends up sitting in the highchair and at almost three years old that isn't working. We have recently begun to have her eat at the little desk we have in the living room. (My First LeapPad desk) It gets a little messy but it's better for her to sit down there then to continue in the highchair especially as Ryan is now in need of it. I had been putting Ryan in Logan's booster seat (with it's own laptop tray) but that is hard because it has to be strapped into a chair or on the floor. Meal time at our house goes in shifts, it's just easier that way for me. Marie can eat at the table with Logan because she is old enough to keep him away from her food. They get to eat first, I then will grab Katie and Ryan on the kitchen side and have them eat. After all four have been fed, it's time for Mommy and Daddy to eat. Most days, I make a meal for me, Daddy and Marie so that she gets her veggies. I have to admit though, even with me not working I will sometimes give her special treat of soup and a sandwhich just so I can have some down time when I eat. I guess that makes me a bad Mommy.

No comments: