Counter

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Whatever....

Okay, big surprise here, but no word yet again from Early Intervention. It's funny; they wanted my husband and I to go to a dinner they were putting on to talk about their program. How we were in it with Logan and now will be again with Ryan. We couldn't get the time to do that and now I'm not too sure it was a good thing. I could have let everyone know how the wheels of this place have ground down to a complete halt this time. I have no idea what is going on but I'm SOOOO not impressed with them this go around. I will be placing a call to them yet again today to find out the status. If I hear back from them before Thanksgiving it will be a miracle. Thank GOD we have insurance that covers 20 visits of therapy (each) per year but that is almost up. The good thing about that is the year is almost over and we get to start again January 1st. (But what happens between now and then when the insurance doesn't cover it???)

Logan has been doing pretty well lately (other than the vomit cough he has) He's been attempting to say more words. Hello, Bye Bye, medicine (WOW!) and he now knows his numbers and letters. Cheryl had him picking out different numbers and letters from a scrambled jumble and he was spot on! YEAH Logan!! She is now going to start working with entire words for him. I passed that information on to his teacher at school and they are going to do the same thing.

Oh, one more thing, which is totally AWESOME. I think I may have mentioned this in a previous post but it's just so GREAT, I have to say it again. He is now coming up to me, points towards his butt and says "diaper!" when he has a b.m. I really believe we are close (super close) to him becoming ready to be potty trained. He says "pee pee potty" when I mention it's time to see if he's ready to start going "pee pee in the potty like a big boy". It would be so wonderful to have only two children in diapers instead of three. If I could get his almost 3 year old sister to join him then I would only have one in diapers and could use all the money we save from that for his therapy!!

No comments: