Counter

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

MRI Take Two!

Ok - I thought we were done other than the Genetic testing but that's what I get for thinking. We received the results from last Thursday's MRI for Ryan yesterday. It seems there is some sort of abnormality in the neck area. At least that is the area I believe the neurologist was talking about; she was using medical terminology and to be honest, once I heard abnormality I froze. The neurologist called me herself to give me the news. Seems we have to keep Ryan away from the chiropractor and contact sports. Ok, I did laugh when she said that but she did say that there are parents who take very young toddlers to the chiro. As far as contact sports are concerned..... sometimes Logan gets a little rough as does the other kids so I'm wondering if that type of play would fall under that heading. ;)

I'm still waiting on them to call me back regarding the other MRI (cervical spine MRI) and the follow up appointment with a neurosurgen. I have to double check this info as I said before my brain froze once I heard abnormality and cervical spine MRI. Not much else registered other than those two things. I will be calling them first thing tomorrow if I don't hear back from them to schedule this next test today. The good thing is that this other MRI can be done at the same hospital as the last one. I loved the people who did the test so I'm sure (at least I HOPE and PRAY) the same people will be doing this one. Please GOD give us someone with a good beside manner!!

No comments: