Counter

Saturday, October 6, 2007

EEG

Well the EEG went a lot better than expected in some ways. He threw a major fit when it was time to put the "things" on his head. Once the girl had them all on and had wrapped his head up he settled down somewhat but was still very upset with me. I was able to make him a bottle and he fell asleep in my arms. What a difference from Logan; who never did fall asleep for them. Ryan's test was done so fast that we were in the office a total of 45 minutes, if that. Logan was in there a lot longer and I had to hold him down so I'm very thankful Ryan's went a lot smoother.

We received the results pretty quickly. Monday in the mail we got the good news; all normal. Now we get to look forward to the MRI in a couple of weeks. He's starting to get a little cold so I'm hoping it's completely gone by the time he has his appointment. I'd hate to have to reschedule because they are so booked up it may be around Christmas before they have another available time.

I didn't get to speak to the neurologist during the EEG and to be totally honest I was distracted with all that I had to do with Ryan. His eating hasn't changed but I spoke to his occupational therapist regarding his aversion to the peaches. She said that perhaps he has an allergy to them. Since he ate about half the jar she doesn't think he has an aversion to them but perhaps they don't agree with him and that is why he vomited them back up. I normally mix the bananas with his other fruit and then add either rice or oatmeal cereal. I did this with apples and apricots the other day and he ate the entire mixture. I think I need to attempt this with the peaches once to see if perhaps it was the fact that he just needed another taste added. Wish me luck with this one!

No comments: