Counter

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ryan

Tuesdays are usually Logan's speech therapy days. After dropping Logan and Marie off at school we had to rush home to meet Ryan's physical therapist for his therapy. He didn't do to well today and I think I know the reason why. Today instead of letting them out to run and raise all kinds of heck, I took them for a stroll through and around the hospital trying to get my exercise. It was good exercise for Marie and me but not a good thing for Ryan or Katie. By the time we got home and it was therapy time for him, he was wanting to run run run! Katie was doing the same thing but in circles. Not a good therapy session for him today so next week, we will drop Logan at his speech therapy and we will head back to the waiting area and let them run wild! Not too sure that the other patients families appreciate it but the kids really love to run around and play with Marie so I'm going to ignore the nasty looks I get.

Ryan's OT gave us a 2 lb. weight that she made with rice or something like that to put in a fanny pack for him. This will work like the weighted vests that I see advertised but cost a good deal more. Now all I have to do is find the fanny pack that I know is in this house somewhere! He was very calm and sat for her last session so I know this will help with his physcial and speech therapies. My next project is to tear up my room/closet until I find the fanny pack. It's a little irritating because I know I had it for a Sea World visit sometime in November so it really couldn't have gotten shoved down in somewhere that far.... could it?!?!

The finger paints we bought last week were a huge success with Katie yesterday. She needed something fun to do and it worked out perfectly for her. I taped down a couple of card stock sheets for her and let her use both hands until she had created a masterpiece. I will be putting that one on the wall once I get a few more pieces of artwork from the others. Once I have them on the wall, I will take pictures to post on the blog. She had such a good time and didn't want to finish even though the paint I set out for her was completely gone. I figured the best way to deal with painting time is to set out a nice size blob of each paint and let them play in it until it's gone off the holder. Once that happens, it's time for cleanup and then drying of the artwork. (Marie was a little jealous that she couldn't do artwork last night but she had too much homework!)

No comments: