Counter

Monday, March 31, 2008

Ryan - Update

Ryan was supposed to have his Occupational Therapy today but he napped through it instead. If he does decide to take a nap before she gets here, I can normally get him awake enough when she walks in the door to be able to start therapy with minimal fuss. He had a strange weekend where he refused to nap at all on Friday and Saturday and last night's nap lasted about 45 minutes but then he was up until after midnight. To top that off I got him up early this morning so I could go help out a friend. By the time we got back home he was ready for more to eat and wanted to go go go!

It was a good therapy session in that we were able to sit and discuss what she had learned at a workshop last week. It's going to be hard work but we are going to start the brush therapy with him and I will have to do it every 1 1/2 to 2 hours during the day until he shows signs that he is wanting to try new things. I'm all for it; brushing helps Logan stop grinding his teeth and they do the brushing at school with him. She also learned a new technique or therapy where you massage the inside of the mouth before a meal, 1/2 way through the meal and after the meal. It helped her child this weekend so she's going to bring me up to date on how he did this week and show me how to perform it as well. I'm so excited about both of these new things for Ryan. I'm hoping that one if not both will help him break through the eating issues he has been having. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed and say an extra prayer for us that these work. Every little bit helps!

No comments: