Counter

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Logan

Logan has been progressing some lately. When he gets really upset, I lightly brush my hand down his cheek and say, "What baby, what is it?" The other day he said, "What baby?" while he took his own and and brushed it down his cheek. He laughed up a storm when I smiled at him and said it after he did. A little later he was upset because he was in time out for smacking his baby brother and as he cried he was doing the hand brush and saying the "What baby?" It almost broke my heart to see it but I stood firm and made him sit in the corner until he said "sorry!" and came to his brother and said it while signing it too. He then proceeded to give Ryan a big kiss. Ryan stopped crying and smiled as soon as he got the kiss from his big brother. (Love to see stuff like this between them!)

On the way into Speech this morning, as the automatic doors opened, Logan said "open!" We have to go through two sets of doors to get into the hospital and he said it both times while helping me push the double stroller with his brother and sister in it. I get him to help me push the stroller or he wants to be carried and that he's getting to big to do anymore. Ms. Cheryl has been working with him for a while now as she normally meets us at the van and will take him inside. Each time they walk up to the doors she says "Open!" and tries to get him to but this is the first time I could make out what he was saying. Repetition or "practice makes perfect" really does work!!!

Update on the Flex Spending; they will not be able to help us with Ryan's formula at all. The only thing the would do is pay the difference between the normal formula and a special formula. Since he isn't on a special formula just the Toddler Next Step then we won't be getting help with that. It does look like they will be paying for their diapers though which is a big help. Better some than nothing at all so I'm happy with the outcome!

No comments: