Counter

Monday, December 10, 2007

Another Update

Well, I must have jinxed myself last week when I posted about Logan sleeping through the night by Christmas. He has gone back to sleeping in his bed for only a few short hours and then coming in with us. Last night I was able to lay down with him for a little while and get him to sleep but then he came in our room a short time later. When I couldn't get comfortable with him any longer I went out to the couch thinking he was following me. No, he didn't but about 20 minutes later here comes Daddy carrying my little man and saying, "he was calling for his Mommy". He proceeded to kick me and steal my blanket. Once he was comfortable he promptly fell back to sleep. (Once he was asleep I was so dead tired that I just went to sleep right there on the couch. No point in getting up so he can follow me a little while later as it was almost time to get up anyways!)

Ryan had his CS MRI last Thursday and I had not heard any results from the doctor so I called today. It seems they mailed me the results today but she went ahead and told me that it came back normal. YEAH!! We still have to go to the follow up visit with her and the visit with the neurosurgen this Thursday and then we should be done for the next six months with them.

Ryan did have a great morning at the occupational therapist. He had been having a "block" where eating anything at their office was concerned. He had vomited there a couple of weeks ago and refused to eat anything for them after that. Today started out like it had been but half way through therapy he decided he would eat for them. He played with some rice cakes and even put a cheese-it in his mouth and touched his tongue with it. Of course, it promptly came back out and flew at the therapist but hey that is some major improvement for the little guy! Way to go Ms. Corie!

Ryan also had his first visit with the early intervention speech therapist on Saturday morning. She spent about an hour with us observing him and getting "a feel" for what he needs to be working on. She is Logan's first speech therapist from a couple of years ago so it was nice to see her. Ryan did surprise me in that he didn't run away from her. He seemed to accept her and would give her things she requested but never stuck around too close to her for long. That is another improvement for the little guy too. (I think that is because he was at home and a lot more comfortable in his normal home atmosphere.)

No comments: