Counter

Monday, June 9, 2008

Oops! Forgot to mention....

I almost forgot to mention that we were able to get some help with Logan's diapers and wipes this year. I had to fill out paperwork last year to get him on the list for the Agency for Persons with Disabilities. Of course, the list is huge and with budget cuts I'm not sure if he'll ever get help with the speech and occupational therapies but I got the information and was able to get him on the list. I've heard some horror stories about how long the list is and how long it takes to get approved; not to mention all the new cuts in the budget.

When I spoke to his case worker last year she said to call her again this year around the end of May beginning of June to see about help with diapers and wipes. I did call and thankfully they did have a little money so we were approved for some help for him! Yeah, we will be getting diapers and wipes delivered to the house monthly until the money is gone. I told her I was thankfull for any help we could get for him. It's going to be nice having that little bit of extra money that we spend on Logan's diapers each week and wipes. We will put it towards all of Ryan's baby food and formula. Every little bit helps so if you know of someone who needs help tell them to check out the Agency for Persons with Disabilities website. You have to have a definite diagnosis and I'm not sure which they are able to help with but if you type in the name of the agency you can find it for your state. I will try to get the site for Florida up on the sidebar for anyone who needs it. Just take a look around and then give them a call. They were really good about giving me a call back anytime I called with questions. Everyone I dealt with was very nice and always seemed ready to help.

No comments: