Counter

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Update - Ryan

Ryan's in the school system now and has been since his third birthday. He's probably only going to be in the ESE Program through next year. Since the school system can only deal with educational therapy his feeding issues are largely going unattended other than what we do with him at home.

The plan is to get back on the massaging of the teeth and mouth each time he eats. He drew blood a couple of times so I had to stop to let my fingers heal. We will also continue working with his fingers on things that he hates to touch. He has shown some great improvement at school with fingerpainting and coloring. We are trying to work with him with theraputty (we use silly putty as it's the same texture and cheaper) and beads. I also have a rice box that I have some beans and toys hidden. He hates the rice but he's getting better with it. He also has been requesting the moon sand lately so there are definite improvements.

With all the therapy he's had in the past two years, the boy will never get an Autism diagnosis which is fine with me! Early intervention is key with these kids! Ryan is living proof; if only we had known more with Logan. I can't beat myself/ourselves over the heads with the what if's but sometimes you still do go that route.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before and I'm too tired to go back tonight to see. LOL Ryan has never had any vaccinations at all. We firmly believe that is why he is so much more "there" than Logan. This was totally our choice and isn't for everyone. You have to review all the facts and come up with a decision that fits your individual child is all I can say.

No comments: