Counter

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Logan - Therapy and School

After Logan was diagnosed, the EIP group decided how much therapy was needed. He went to two 30 minute sessions per week of both occupational and speech therapy until he turned three. After three years of age the local school system became responsible for his therapy. Since Logan's birthday is in July, we continued with our regular therapy until a couple of weeks after school started to guarantee that he wouldn't go without therapy. When the school year starts up the schools have to get all the paperwork and therapy sessions scheduled and it sometimes takes a good four to six weeks before therapy begins.

Thankfully, I was still working at that time and was able to afford the therapy sessions. I also had a very understanding boss. I would spend my lunch hour (around 2:15 each day as I had to pick up my oldest child and deliver her to the daycare where Logan was registered) driving to the school, daycare and then to therapy. After therapy I would head back to pick up the eldest child and head home to make up the hour or so that I had missed twice a week. I would have to get in to work as early as I could after dropping the oldest child at school so that I wouldn't have to work too much extra each night. I did this from the very first therapy session until we stopped a month after school started. What a crazy couple of months that was!

No comments: